Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Designer Fabrics..."

...for everyday use and casual lifestyles seem to be
a popular marketing trend
lately.
Options and price points can range
from upper end Marimekko of Finland designs at
(I remember craving these designs in the early 70's...
and STILL loving them now...)
to the latest arrival/reveal (just yesterday, actually)
from "across the pond"
of the incredible more affordable collection
Shopping is certainly becoming an artistic adventure!
So I was thinking...
what about a "Water Blossoms of Arizona"
collection making it big time
somewhere??? LOL :)
Ah yes!
We must all have a dream!
All one has to do is take that first step...get this...
you can click HERE
for a link to a site called Spoonflower
which will actually take your artwork and
print it on fabric!
The wonderfully imaginative Jane LaFazio
did just exactly that....you can see her results here!
Now how cool an idea is that !!!???
Happy Blooming Tuesday! :)

"We live in a web of ideas, a fabric of our own making."
~Joseph Chilton Pearce

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it! JGL:)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I know for certain your drawings would make beautiful fabrics and wallpaper.

V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V said...

All right, for the first message I linked all kinds of stuff but they didn't work when I clicked the links, so I'll just post this again :D

---
Wow, those Marimekko designs at Crate & Barrel are completely different to the ones we have in Finland! Very ..bland?, they don't even look like Marimekko fabrics, the distinct look is missing. How odd. Maybe it has got something to do with international marketing / different fabrics for different markets?

I mean, we in Finland have all kinds of crazy, colourful retro slavic hobo 60's 70's psychedelia designs, plus the classic flower stuff. Hmm.

Janet Ghio said...

Love your "fabric design". I saw an ad on TV for Liberty of London at target--I remember how I used to love all those pretty flowery prints--what was the designers name who was so popular in the 60/s-made those beautiful flowery dresses?

marianne said...

A lot of your art would make lovely fabric! Sure!

I can see fabulous curtains !!!

Go for it!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

What a wonderful mixed bag of posts we have had lately and now into fabric design!! Beautifully fresh and natural. It would work really well as curtains, cushion covers, duvet sets, etc etc. Would make many a home very special.

Many moons ago I put together using Corel Draw a folder of artwork set out like curtains, wallpaper (where I zoomed into softer areas of each painting and ended up with just colour washes) and rows of the individual floral paintings to create a freeze/border - then I got so busy I did nothing with it!! Ah, is me.