Thursday, April 3, 2008

"We Had It All..."

Butterflies, hummingbirds, rabbits, and hawks,
Wildflowers, and sculpture, and brick-covered walks.
A day of delight and a feast for the eyes,
'Twas the beauty of Nature under sun-brightened skies.

Tucked inside "our" Garden were trails here and there
With hideaways perfect to paint "en plein aire".
We drew and we sketched and our brushes did float
Over sketchbook and moleskines-making memories of note.

Time was ours to explore, or to find the right spot-
To journal or fantasize or shoot our last shot.
What a gem of a place for our Phoenix Sketch Crawl.
Art, colleagues, and nature...yes, "We had it all!

Of Special Note:
I dedicate this post to "Jordan"
a former student of mine...now in high school...
who loves to write, paint with watercolors, and raise butterflies.
Remember always... follow your dreams!

16 comments:

Alan said...

And a good time was had by all.

Anita Davies said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Margaret and I love the sketches you made.

Mark Kwasny said...

You have such a way of making color sing! So much of my stuff is in black and grays. Hmmmm... that might explain a few things.

Mark

Leslie said...

Margaret, I love how you add poetry to your entries! Your visual art is wonderful, and so is your verbal art. :)

Angie in AZ said...

This is wonderful! I love the grid work and spilling over of elements. I will have to try this. You really captured our day beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Yet another beauty! I love that monarch popping out of the page.

Sandy said...

Wonderful grid, wonderful words all around wonderful!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

I think you got someone else's helping of talent along with your own! How can you be such a clever poet AND an artist?! I can tell your sketchcrawl will stay with you always. Precious grid! (I like your new music, too!) Lisa

Jennifer Lawson said...

Beautiful sketch and now music—wow! I love the butterfly.

sandy said...

I love this and it sounds like perfect conditions.

sandy

Dana S. Whitney said...

I really love the composition!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

This one is just fabulous...love everything about it

Anetka said...

I know you've dedicated this post to Jordan, but I would like to thank you for your words "Remember always...follow your dreams!"
I realy needed to hear this!

Love your sketches!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a fun peaceful time you had sketching. The way you expressed yourself regarding the sketches is as beautiful as your sketch. Dreams are so difficult to capture.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Wow, this is stunning, Margaret.

Anonymous said...

Delightful poem about a delightful day!