Monday, February 15, 2010

"Two...For Two...Today..."


Why??? Well first,
in weekly celebration of Cactus Monday...
and
then secondly...(drum roll please)
to celebrate the
2nd year
blogiversary of my Waterblossoms Blog!
WooHOO!!!
(My Muse scampers about...barefooted...
and scantily dressed...
tossing flower petals into the air.)
You can check out my very 1st blog post
HERE if you like...It's even a CACTUS post...
and my first piece of mail art!! :)
Whew! It is so amazing how time flies!
Speaking of which...
I have been out of town for the past week...
...actually in Illinois...
where we
experienced a fairly decent-sized snowfall,
(first Midwest one I've witnessed in quite a while)
accompanied by
several nights of sub-zero wind chill temps,
and
even an EARTHQUAKE...
...the epicenter of which was 10 miles from
"Home!"
We were awakened in the middle of the night...
3:59 am to be exact...
by the sound of horrendously severe rattling
and shaking
followed by an enormous boom
It sounded as if one of those huge snow plow trucks
barreled down our street...full speed ahead
and
ran smack dab into our house!
Seriously!!!
We thought it was a bomb blast
or even a gas line explosion
somewhere in town.
We were really mentally shook up!
It wasn't until my sister called from Arizona
later that morning to tell
us
that it was a 4.3 seismic event
(aka "EARTHQUAKE")
and that it
was the lead news story on the Today Show
and
also on the news headline marquee
in Times Square, New York City!
Shazammm!
Later, it was downgraded to a 3.8 event...
I know, all you California readers are saying
"Is that all???" LOL :)
Whew! It was certainly big time for me!
Who would have ever thought, eh?
Any way...
I promise to get back soon to my routine
and start visiting all your blogs...
popping in here and there,
to see what you have all been up to.
In the meantime,
I hope you find something wonderful
and non-scary
to shake up your day!
Have a really great one!
Thanks, too,
for TWO wonderful blogging years!

14 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Happy blog b'day Margaret. Beautiful drawings, beautiful blog, beautiful personality...so glad to have 'met' you!

RH Carpenter said...

Happy 2nd Blog-a-versary, Peg!! Hope you keep going another 2 years...and then another...and
So glad you were not injured but just a bit frightened in the earthquake and that the snow didn't cause any major problems, either. Take care, keep creating!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy Blogaversary Peg. Being awakened by an earthquake is scary. I hope you are tucked into the warmth and security of your AZ home now. Happy CM.

studio lolo said...

First...Happy Blogiversary!!!
I'm one of the million followers who are happy you're here to share your fabulous art!

Secondly...I would think you'd get earthquakes in AZ, but IL???? That's double scary because you're never expecting it!

Third...I did a Valentine's Day post and I was remiss in not including any of your wonderful heart atc's! They are safely tucked away and were not in plain view. Please don't think I don't love them!! I do ;)

Anonymous said...

See now ~ who says Illinois is boring?!:) I can't tell you how much your visit meant to me! If anything positive CAN come out of this nightmare ~ it's reconnecting with people like you! Congrats on 2years blogging! I love your art & your heart! Don't stop ~ what will I do to start my day? I have my "sparklies" to inspire me + I saw a townhouse yesterday that I LOVE! Life goes on! Love ya! Jan :)

Marthann's Musings said...

Congratulations Margaret. I almost never miss a day of seeing what you have created. Soooo beautiful. You inspire me. I am still in acorn mode !!

PAK ART said...

How beautiful and how time flies! I haven't been following you for two years, but for quite some time now. Your artwork was beautiful two years ago and still is! HCM!

soulbrush said...

happy blogaversary and may you have many many more. love the eye!glad you're back.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! and HCM, hey beautiful eye :)

Teri said...

Happy Blogaversary!!
Your art has only gotten beautifuler!

My daughter in Wis also woke up to the earthquake but nothing like your experience. Arn't you glad to have all those experiences in Ill?!!

HCM

Julie said...

Congrats on your blogaversary! And HCM! Beautiful art, as usual, Margaret!!! Love the eyeball!!! I did not hear about the earthquake in AZ...I best investigate this!!! xoxo- Julie

Julie said...

Margaret...I see that the earthquake was in Illinois!!! I'm so dumb! Anyway...glad it wasn't so so strong and that you and your family were ok.

Unknown said...

First, thank you soooo much for my Valentine goodies. Trying to get up steam for posting on my Blog. Congrats on year two of your blog, very much the accomplishment. We all love visiting here, keep it up. I have never been in an earthquake and hope my recored for that holds. Glad it was not more severe. Judy

Leslie said...

Congratulations! And thank you for continuing. :)