Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Thankful Thursday...(#8)..."

The week was started off with this lovely card
from Cynthia in Kansas,
She is a member of Illustrated ATCs...a group I recently joined.
The card is called "Assimilation" and she spoke to me
the minute I saw her.
The colors are so soothing and serene...
and the imagery is awesome!
Then, from Marianne in the Netherlands...
a sweet little cactus ATC and another ATC card with gold leaf...
stunning...so was the fabulous color of her note card!
(Click on any image to enlarge for details..well worth it...)
From Katie, in Alaska, also a member of Illustrated ATCs,
this luscious piece entitled "After Hiroshige".
It is made with ink, marker, and colored pencil...
The colors here are so scrumptious and delicate...mmmmm!
Katie designs beautiful zentangles also!

A surprise envelope from Anna in Germany arrived next...
Anna does not speak or write in English...
and my German is below minimal...
but ART is a universal language...well understood by all.
These cards are beautiful...
and are all made of cloth with intricate top stitching...so sweet!

From Deb in the U.K. came some wonderful cowgirls...
Ye HAW!
I just love them...and have even started a collection of them.
These have nice layers and embossed stamping...
and again they called out my name!
(After all, like many, I wanted to grow up and be Annie Oakley
when I was a kid!!! )

These two beautiful sunsets come from John in the U.K.
He makes all kinds of cards...
including watercolors.
My favorites are his trees silhouetted against the sky.
Such nice atmosphere painted here!

These sensational pieces came from Joss (a.k.a. "Soulbrush")
also from the in U.K.
I adore her African pieces...aren't they simply a joy?
So much love here!:)
Notice the inchies, too...No, I have not succumbed to these...
Never! LOL :)

From Jen (a.k.a. L'angelbleu) came this powerful pomegranate.
You should see it in real life...WOW!
She is also a member of Illustrated ATCs...and a "tatoo medicine fairy."
She requested I make a pomegranate for her in exchange...
I will post it here after I am sure she receives it.
(Remember my journal spread of various poms?
Well, this trade was what is was for.)
Click here to check out her shop "Sanctuary Tatoo" in Maine...:)
From Margreet in the Netherlands
came this amazing example of her phenomenal paper cutting expertise...
You can check out her spectacular handiwork HERE...
totally worth a visit!
Her designs are complex...her work impeccable!
The postcard is from the area of the Netherlands where she lives...
Don't you just love these colors???

Okay...I admit it...I am a Marianne groupie...:)
Another piece from Marianne arrived this week...
How does she manage all that she does!!!
It is stunning in detail..and fabulously rich in color and design.
Of course, there is that extra little sparkle on it that
Marianne does so well!

I made another trade with Melody in Utah...
She had a whole series of these bass cards...
each one more clever than the next...
also to accompany my fish were some beautiful papers...
...always a fun treat. :)

From Outi in Finland came "Sir Rhino".
I fell in love with him at first sight!
Outi is also a member of Illustrated ATCs.
I look forward to many more trades in the future...
Her style is so unique and full of visual impact.
Sir Rhino is currently spending time getting acquainted
with his new ATC buddies
in my collection. :)

This little gem came from Cheryl in Utah...
It is so beautiful and elegant. I love the simplicity of the
composition...it really fits the image well.
Her cards go as quickly as she can make them...Whew!

And last, but not least...
this lovely collection of goodies is from Angela in Minnesota...
Angie is also a member of Illustrated ATCs...
actually,
we both were accepted for membership about two weeks apart.
What a small world!
Angie's cards are rich in color and layers of depth.
She even included a little extra piece made
while waiting for paint to dry!
Such treasures all!

I hope, that at some point, there is some time in your day
to visit each and every one of these
wonderful artists
and enjoy their work as much as I have.
I love discovering new things...it makes my artistic heart sing.
Hope your heart sings as well...
Enjoy!

"Those who wish to sing always find a song."
~
Proverb

13 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

You scored....big time!

Deborah said...

Hi Margaret :-) What a wonderful selection of art to receive in a week! I'm very honoured to be included.

Caroline said...

Wow - you lucky duck! And how about that rhino? What a character!

soulbrush said...

tee hee it's a wonder you and i have time to sleep, what a great wide big wonderful world of ATcs and lovely people there are out there. WOW!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Some amazing art here.

Angela said...

Wow!
Can't wait to do more with Illustrated ATCs - especially after seeing the amazing trades you've done this week!
It's so exciting to see my work on here! As I'm getting more into this, I'll have to start my own "Thankful Thursday" - or maybe I'll pick a different day - how does "Much Obliged Mondays" sound? :)

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

OMGosh .. you hit the jackpot. All so lovely.

PAK ART said...

I can't even imagine creating that many ATC's for trade - you must keep very busy! But the return is so great, really wonderful; all of them.

Teri said...

Absolutely beautiful artwork here! Each one is a WOWZER! Love these Thankful Thursdays.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing!

Serena Lewis said...

WOW...such a lovely collection of art!

marianne said...

Another bunch of goodies!!
Oh my...... what a load you got!
And such beautiful ones as well!

John Dyhouse said...

Hi MArgaret, glad to see the paintings got to you in one piece. And thanks for your atc's they are a great addition to my collection.