Saturday, September 22, 2012

Carolle's Paper Doll Themed Maruman...

 Carolle's pages 1 and 2...
 followed by Cindy's pages 3 and 4...
 followed by Barb W's pages 5 and 6...
 followed by Judy's pages 7 and 8...
...and then, lastly, my pages 9 and 10...
which were inspired by the art of
Mary Englebreit.
It was quite an interesting experience
to rethink how clothes
would need to be drawn to fit a paper doll...great fun, too!
We meet
monthly to exchange our sketchbooks in person
except
for the middle of the summer
when everyone seemed to seek cooler climates
and few of us are in town.
This book was exchanged the beginning of
August...
and since I was in Illinois I had to mail her
back to Arizona...
which was like watching your child leave home for the first time.
I was so anxious about her flying cross country...
and like a little mother hen
I eagerly awaited email news of her safe landing.
All ended up well...
and she has now moved along to the
next couple of artists in line.
Click on any image to enlarge to better see details...:)

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Funny you should post this. I was thinking about making a set of paper dolls for my Great Nieces for Christmas. This is quite the inspiration. FUN. Love the drawings.

Unknown said...

So many talented artists it's interesting to see how the subjects are cohesive yet the individual style shines through.

studio lolo said...

I love paperdolls!!!! When I was a kid I preferred them to regular dolls. My sister would make the most fabulous clothes for them!

I often think of creating some but alas, too much other stuff takes over. As long as I get SOME art time in, I'm okay.

Love this!

marianne said...

Such a lovely post and what a charming book!
I loved paper dolls when I was little.....
Have a wonderful Sunday♥