Thursday, September 5, 2013

September...Already????

...Just how can this really be???
As you may have noticed...or NOT noticed...
 there has been an enormous
lack of any kind of activity here on my blog...
even
 after I faithfully PROMISED to you all
that this year would be different.
Well, in reality, it actually has been...different...
...sort of.
There have been a number of remarkable "firsts" that
have occurred during the past 30 days.
The past month has found me driving a couple of
thousand miles...(a recent "first")...
and seeing a region named after a couple of thousand islands
(an actual real "first").
It has found me
drawing and painting a "bajillion" artist trading cards...
(not really a "first"),
and...best of all...it had found me
visiting family in beautiful upstate New York...
(definitely the BEST "first" of them all!).
The artist trading card above was inspired by
 my grape loving cousin Cathy
and the glory of being in a Cranberry Lake
"state of mind".
I find...blessed by the golden wisdom age provides...
that
there are those special moments in our lives
when the stars seem to align
 and
all seems perfectly right...
the exact way it was somehow destined to be..
from the beginning of time.
Cranberry Lake made that happen for me
and
 memories of my short time there
will bring a warm happy smile to my heart...
for a long, long, long, long time.

"What is the definition of a good wine?
It should start and end
with a smile.”
~William Sokolin 

No comments: