Monday, March 25, 2013

Aquatic Starbursts...

...found while imagining shapes in the deep blue sea...
...and then magically transforming them with moonbeams.
This piece
started as a small watercolor demo in my mandala class
to show the special effects made by 
drawing with masking fluid...adding deep rich saturated color...
and then heavily sprinkling it all with sea salt.
(Click on images to enlarge.)
I loved the end result...
so much so, that it just begged me to be flipped
in Microsoft Digital Editor
for an additional dash of panache.
 I totally enjoy artistic surprises, don't you?

“The moments of happiness we enjoy
take us by surprise.
It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”
~Ashley Montagu

3 comments:

Clare said...

Absolutely gorgeous 'Starbursts' and pleasent 'Surprise' :)

Yvonne M said...

Beautiful images and design. The colours pop out. I love it!

Alex said...

I simply love how the colors blend :)