Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Fabulous Friday...

 ...was spent by teaching an all day art workshop
in Studio 2
with some wonderfully artistic women...:)
 The title of my class was
"Whimsical Botanical Watercolor Designs."
Above are several examples I used for inspiration.
Click on any image to enlarge.
 The paintings on white were examples showing
what I was making in 2006.
The Maruman Japanese fold sketchbook
on the table
is my latest solo effort...completed this fall.
 Carolle, my energetic-ever wonderful "assistant Muse" took this photo
while I did a demo.
Thanks, Carolle...this was a nice surprise.
It looks like lots of notes, ever so patiently, were taken...:)
Happily showing the results of their workshop endeavors
are
Pat, Sid and LaRayne...
...Judy...all by herself...as Kathy had to leave early...
 ...Cindy and Penny...
...Kay and Michelle...
...Marilyn and Lou Anne...
and, lastly, Paulette and Barbara.
On so many levels
it was a beautiful day from start to finish...
from morning coffee...through lunch...to an afternoon ice cream cone.
The sun was bright...the air fresh...the temps were springlike.
The studio was a-buzz with busy artistic Muses
playing, giggling
and making some very happy art.
You know...
each and every day that I do something artistic I feel blessed.
Sharing what I do with like minded friends
is sheer bliss...
a personal little slice of artistic heaven.
A Fabulous Friday??? You bet!

"You can discover more about a person
in an hour of play
than in a year of conversation."
~Plato

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow such beautiful,creative and colorful art by a talented group. I love reading your blog and seeing all the wonderful pictures you create.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Looks like a great group, Peg! I hear such good things about your classes.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Love the quote. It looks like everyone had such a good time. Wish I could have been there.

studio lolo said...

How delightful!! I love the variety of paintings and styles, all very good!

I did notice the raven on the wall above you in the first photo. You can't slip that past me :)

Wish I were there!♥

Margaret Ann said...

Laurel...that was your spirit watching over my shoulder...:) xo

Unknown said...

Looks like fun indeed! Everyone made such beautiful pieces!!

Lise said...

How I wish I could of been there!!!!
So far........ to go. Love all the colors used and designs. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Lise