Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Beading it...

...another work in progress...:) 
These are my 2 pages
in Paulette's Maruman Japanese fold sketchbook.
Paulette's theme is "Womens Accessories"
and as you can see above
by the time I received the book many options
had already been chosen.
This is when my latest copy of the Chico's
catalogue gave my Muse
some wonderfully beaded inspiration
and
I was off to begin the rough draft.
Once I had my idea...work in the actual book began.
The chain strap was the first thing
to be inked in...
followed by seemingly thousands upon thousands
of beads.
 
 Color play then followed...a rough draft first...
then some
serious painting in the book itself.
I added a crystal bangle for a little extra bling
and to also provide a nice lead in
for Barbara
the next, and final, artist in the exchange.
(Please click on any image to enlarge for better viewing.)
Above is the final scan of my two pages...
complete with an art club badge and a few art accessories.
Our own books will return home to us
at our final art exchange/wine party in January.
Hmmm...
What more might a girl want???

"Try to be inspired by something every day.
Try to inspire at least one person
every day."
 ~Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

8 comments:

Jane said...

Your pages are exquisite!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

These pages look like so much fun and inspiration. I love beads. Wonderful.

Unknown said...

All those tiny drawn beads and your attention to each shadow makes this purse look so good.

Teri said...

Oh my, my eyes just went wacko! So intricate and delicate and exquisite.

jinxxxygirl said...

This art exchange is just wonderful! I think you will truly have something to cherish in the end. Your work and just everyones work is just amazing! Thanks so much for sharing...its such an inspiration!
Hugs! deb

MaryO said...

Simply stunning!!!

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to see how someone used a Maruman accordian sketchbook. You did a beautiful and inspirational job. I love the topic you had to draw about. I like to paint shoes. Visit my blog if you have time www.barbararoth.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the bag!