Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Light, Bright, and..."

...Summery!
(...just like a favorite cool, crisp cotton print sundress
and a tall glass of icy lemonade.)
Ahhhh! :)
Now, I ask you...
How can this almost be the middle of August...
already!!??
Have you noticed all the
Halloween "tricks & treats"... even some Christmas
decorations
that are now out on display in the stores!!!
...AND...get this...
Kids are already back in school here
in Arizona!!!
Why are we living our lives SO darn FAST??? Why???
Whew!!! I am exhausted!
I think I'll just sit back...cool off in the A/C'd house
and slowly...very slowly...sip in and savor
the flavors of this day.
Ahhhh! :)
Hey...Why not join me?...
and...why not bring your sketchbook along for fun! :)

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability
~
Sam Keen

11 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

If only we could just beam ourselves up and over the water so we could join you. Would love to watch you create these delightful designs and find out where you get these quotations from.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love this quote. My house has not looked so clean since the middle of last winter when I couldn't get outside. Ha.. Your drawing is so cooool looking. I would love to join you for some lemonade and sketching. That AZ landscape would inspire me.

Cathy Holtom said...

Lovely zingy colours, very fresh.
Thank you for the offer of lemonade and your company, just a little bit too far from here!

Anonymous said...

I'm there!;) jgl:)

Teri said...

Ah, I cooled right down looking at this! It is even hot in the midwest.
What time should I be there to paint with you?
Cookies?
Ice tea?

I wish!

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the batik!

Alex said...

GORGEOUS! Coming from Malaysia, I must say I am a fan of Batik. My mom used to sell batik design stuff =)
I absolutely adore the green/blue combination ^^

Sandra said...

The gathering sounds great! Can I continue to peek over your shoulder?

Unknown said...

I dream of fall or spring! Summers make me cranky and mean. I can think of nothing better to get me out of this mood than meeting another artist for a day of drawing, in the a/c! Lovely drawing with beautiful colors!

Caroline said...

Ooh, fizzing with colour - I'll have to join you in spirit!

rrARTz said...

beautiful colors!